30 Jul Installation of ceramic tiles on deformable platerboard (PB) substrates
Plasterboard partitions are prefabricated non-bearing interior partitioning substrates formed from a lightweight, galvanized steel structure on which plasterboards are screwed onto either side thereof.
Once assembled and after the adequate joint treatment, continuous surfaces ready to decorate are achieved.
Due to their nature and onsite installation, these types of deformable substrates require adhesives to install ceramic tiles thereon:
- Flexible, that absorb vibrations and bulging to which the final wall is subjected.
- Adherent to the cellulose film that protects the gypsum.
- Suitable for all types of plasterboard, both water repellant and non-water repellant.
The first consideration to be taken into account is the state of the substrate on which the cladding will be installed:
- We must verify the stability of the system so that the panels are perfectly anchored.
- The substrate must be clean and dry.
- It is advisable to brush the surface if necessary.
- The continuity of the sheets must be ensured, treating the joints with special mastics.
A second consideration to be taken into account is the design of the joints, making sure to:
- Leave at least 3 mm joint spacing between tiles.
- Execute perimeter movement joints in corners and changes in plane, height or material.
- Execute expansion joints between door and structural cavities of the building.
All expansion joints should be filled with elastic sealant such as G#color Elastic-MS.
Likewise, the use of mechanical anchorages is obligatory whenever tiles with dimensions greater than 60 x 40 cm or 40 kg / m2 are installed.
Jointing mortar must be applied in accordance with the times marked in the Technical Data Sheet of the adhesive.
Commissioning will take place 48 hours after executing the joint.
Warnings: The data provided by this Constructive Solution were prepared based on standard onsite installation processes. However, we recommend that you consult our Technical Department in the event of any specific circumstance email@example.com